来源：环球教育 | 点击量：次
A is substantially +形容词+than+B. considerably
A lot Far Much Somewhat Significantly Slightly fractionally
E.g.: Red is somewhat more common than blue. 红色比蓝色稍微普通点。
1.________increase sharply from 1957 to 1974.
2. There was a sharp increase in________from 1957 to 1974.
3. Industry earned less than 10% of GDP in 1986, but rose almost to 20% in 1995.
4. Then around 1975 the price of grain doubled and this caused a rapid increase in the amount of land devoted to grain production.
5. A sharp increase was replaced by a slight decline in August.
6. During the same period, there was a large increase in the use of automobiles.
1. The price collapsed in 1994.
2. The trend slowed down in August.
3. A very noticeable trend was the steady decrease in transportation by bicycle and on foot.
1. The price remained stable.
2. The rise lasted for three months and then began to level off in May.
3. The price did not change over the period.
1. In spite of the sharp fluctuations in the price, the trend was obviously upwards. 2. The price fluctuated slightly over the period.
1. In 1978, the number reached its top at 20%.
2 2. In 1978, the number reached its highest point at 20%.
3. In 1978, the number reached its peak at 20%.
4. In 1978, the number reached it bottom at 20%.
5. In 1978, the number reached its lowest point at 20%.