来源：环球教育 | 点击量：次
1. Some countries achieve international success, building specialized sports facilities for top athletes to train instead of providing sports facilities that everyone can use. Is it a positive or negative development? Or Some people think government should ban dangerous sports, while others think it is people's freedom to do whatever sports activities they choose. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Or Fashion has become more and more important when people choose clothes. Why? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
2. In some cities, there are few controls over the design and construction of new homes and office buildings, so people can build in whatever style they like. Do you think advantages outweigh disadvantages? Or Some people believe that when designing a building, the most important thing to be considered is the function rather than the outward appearance. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Environmental problems are too big for individual countries and individual persons to address. In other words, we have reached the stage where the only way to protect the environment is at an international level. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Or Fossil fuels (coal, oil, natural gas) are the main sources in many countries, but in some countries the use of alternative sources of energy (wind energy and solar energy) are encouraged. To what extent do you think it is a positive or negative development？Or Some people think it is important to protect all wild animals. Others think that it is only important to protect part of them, not all of them. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
4. As life expectancy is increasing，people work after retirement with pay. Alternatively, some people start to work at a young age. Are these positive or negative impacts? Or It is expected that there will be a higher proportion of older people than young people in many countries in the future. Do you think it is a positive or negative development? Or In many places the roles of mothers and fathers are changing. Do you think it is a positive or negative development? Or Nowadays, men and women in many countries decide to have babies at a later age. What are the reasons? Do you think the advantages of this outweigh its disadvantages?
5. Some people think the best way to improve road safety is to increase the minimum legal age for driving cars and motorcycles. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Or In some countries, the government has tried to reduce traffic. For instance, they imposed a congestion tax during rush hour. Do you think it is a positive or negative development? Or Some people think governments should spend money on faster means of public transport. However, others think money should be spent on other priorities (e.g. cost, environment). Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
6. Some people say that when dividing how taxes should be spent, the government should prioritize health care. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Or People should look after their health as a duty to the society, rather than only for their own personal benefits. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Or In many countries, people like to eat a wide variety of food that can be grown in other areas. As a result, people eat more food produced in other regions than local food. Do you think advantages outweigh disadvantages?
7. Some people believe that only students with the best academic achievement should be awarded, while others think it is more important to reward students with improvement. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Or Some people think that all young people should be required to have full-time education until they are at least 18 years old. To what extent do you agree or disagree？Or University students should pay for the full cost of education fees because university education benefits themselves rather than the society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
8. Nowadays both scientists and tourists can go to remote natural environments such as the South Pole. Do you think the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages? Or Organized tour to remote community and other countries is increasingly popular. Is it a positive or negative development for the local people and environment？Or Nowadays, international tourism is the biggest industry in the world. Unfortunately, international tourism creates tension rather than understanding between people from different cultures. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. Most of the urgent problems can only be solved with international cooperation. To what extent do you agree or disagree？Or In some countries, small town-centre shops are out of business because people are driving to large out-of-town stores. As a result, people without cars have limited access to shops, and so more and more people buy cars. Do you think the disadvantages of this trend outweigh the advantages?
10. Some people think that the government should invest more money in teaching science than other subjects for the progress of the country. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Or Around the world, more adults can work from home and more children can study from home as computer technologies become cheaper and more accessible. Do you think it is a positive or negative development? Or Some people think that the increasing use of computers and mobile phones for communication has had a negative effect on young people’s reading and writing skills. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Or Some people think scientific research is a waste of time and money. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
11. Society would benefit from the ban on all forms of advertising because it may serve no useful purpose, and can even be damaging. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Or The news media have become more influential in people’s lives. Some people think it is a negative development. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Or News reported in the media about problems and emergencies rather than positive developments is more harmful to the individual and to society. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Or People are surrounded by all kinds of advertising. Some people believe that advertising has a negative effect on people’s lives. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
12. Young people who commit serious crimes, such as a rubbery or a violent attack should be punished in the same way as adults. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Or Some people think sending criminals to prison is not an effective way to deal with them. Education and training are better. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Or Some people think the best way to reduce crime is to give longer prison sentences. Others, however, think there are better alternative ways to reduce crime. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.